A few days ago I got this lovely award from Brenda of the brilliant Brendablog. 'Arte y pico' is the name. It translates as something like 'peak of art' or 'art and creativity. I will certainly not try to judge your choice Brenda :-)
If, by some strange reason, you're not familiar with Brenda's blog, do yourselves a favor and knock on the door of her intriguing world: apart from a vast variety of garden themes, ideas, inspirations, plenty of great pixels, you will find one simple, modest, outstanding lady wearing her heart right on her sleeve, who shares both her ups and downs with an extraordinary writing style that will make you feel as if you were her closest neighbor down the street in the lovely town of Tyler, Texas and you had known her for ages. I'd surely love that. Getting an award from her very self is an honor and I'm glad that she has knocked up against the door into my own world in the first place and considered my blog worth of this award. I'll express my gratitude by spreading the Arte y pico magic. Thanks Brenda!
The origin of the Arte y Pico Award: "This prize has arisen from the daily visits that I dedicate to many blogs which nourish me and enrich me with creativity. In them I see dedication, creativity, care, comradeship, but mainly, ART, much art. I want to share this prize with all those bloggers that entertain me day to day and to share this prize with those who enrich me every day. Doubtlessly, there are many and it will be hard to pick just a few. The people I will name today deserve this prize, as do the very long serious list of bloggers I also enjoy to read. But I will name the first 10 and leave the rest of the work to all the bloggers that visit other's blogs and are nourished by them."
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award through creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language.
2. Each award should have the name of the author with a link to their blog.
3. Award winners have to post the award with the name and link to the blog of the person who gave them the award.
4. Please include a link to the “Arte Y Pico” blog so that everyone will know where the award came from.
5. Show these rules
There's definitely more to it than the magnificent 5, but these are some of my favorite hot spots that stood out from the first visit. In no particular order, I pass this award on to:
- the prideful daughter of Poland - Ewa in the garden - I've been a fan of her blog for a long time; her commitment and consistency alone make her deserving of this award; and even through ordinary, yet distinguished, everyday posts I got to know her lovely country better than I ever would have thought
- when I first visited the Garden Brae from a link on Blotanical, I never thought I would find an outstanding blog by an even more peculiar and extremely witty Scottish lass, residing in the beautiful setting of West Coast Island with her faithful companion Oberon; it is very different from any other blog I read, and her astonishing photography won my heart at a first glance, definitely a 'peak of art' - the Garden Brae
- I remember stumbling across this blog, being fascinated by her day to day photos of her charming home in the beautiful English countryside, both of her garden, the places she visits and her adorable junior- Zvrk, the fact that we share the same country of origin has obviously not affected my infatuation in any way whatsoever ;-)
- Then there's the inevitable Linda of the Garden girl blog; I admire her passion and zeal, and her continual support since she first visited my part of the world and the undeniable influence she's had on the garden blogging community; creativity, design, interesting material, she's got it all!
- No garden tour ever finishes without me visiting Joy , the girls and their mischievous deeds; this lady makes me laugh out loud; her light hearted style and her posts full of humor radiate with her great passion for gardening and nature; I like her approach and I can only add once more: Canadian girls kick ass! - GardenJoy4me
I hope the rest won't hold it against me for not being mentioned, there are so many wonderful individuals out there, so many intriguing gardeners, and the path to your garden is much more than a glimpse into your very own piece of heaven; I wish more of my neighbours were like you, I hope that says it all.