Wednesday 20 February 2008

GARDEN MAKEOVER


Before & after
Every garden benefits from some hard landscaping for both practical and aesthetic reasons. While my grandparents were alive and kickin', so was their estate; a typical country garden in the front, as well as the backyard fruit and vegetable garden, vineyard and a meadow full of wildflowers. It's great to have photographic records that capture the change, because you see your backyard everyday and it’s hard to remember what it used to look like a couple of years or decades ago. However I'll never forget what my garden looked like after the renovation of our future home. And what I have learned from that unpleasant experience is never, EVER, to lose sight of the builders in/outside your home. I know how hard people have worked in that garden, and it's not the hard part that bothers me that much, it's all the passion, love and joy they left in that very place, a piece of themselves. And I'm sure they felt as protective towards their plants as I do today. I guess a certain amount of ill-bred, ignorant people just can't come to terms with all that 'trivial bore'. After the barbaric horde of construction workers left the estate it looked more like a waste depot than somebody's yard. I'm not in any way trying to say this is profession-related, but what we have dealt with was an ignorant pig of a man and his gang. I have literally cried my eyes out over every single plant that didn't survive the raging of their Bobcat: a 40yr old Lebanese cedar, a glorious yucca tree, the whole of my front yard and many more. I guess we all learn from our mistakes... that's how the metamorphosis of my garden first begun...


BEFORE ( January 2004 )




Half a year later




3 YEARS LATER



1 komentari:

TheExpertVGL said...

I like and agree with the point that photographic records capture more efficiently the changes made by landscaping. By photographic records we can consider the smallest changes. Thanks!

Landscape Architect Sydney

Infolinks In Text Ads

Traffic Feed